Tuesday, April 11, 2006

It's confeermed

I found out a few days ago that I was not supposed to tell anyone about my scholarship. Turns out, they wanted to ask me details on myself (I think they couldn't read my CV). Anyway, the NCCA lady said I should wait for the letter that confeerms I got the scholarship.

Segue, this is the reason why I write confirmed as confeermed...

Two girls walking and talking...
Girl 1: Uy, ano ang difference ng confirmed sa confeermed?
Girl 2: (With a matter-of-fact tone) Pag confirmed, hindi pa sigurado, pero pag confeermed, siguradong sigurado na.

Ayos..

So anyway, I received the e-mail a few days ago.. this is what they wrote:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

MS. ISABEL L. SILVA

Dear Ms. Silva,

Congratulations! You are among the four (4) scholars who will be studying Italian language and culture at the Dante Alighieri University for Foreigners in Reggio Calabria from May to June 2006 under the sponsorship of the Office for International Cooperation of the City Government Reggio Calabria in collaboration with the Associazione Culturale Italia-Filippine.

Reggio Calabria will provide for the airfare Manila-Reggio Calabria-Manila, school fees, board and lodging and a small allowance for the local transportation. The NCCA will give the scholars a pre-settlement allowance of $200 each.

You are expected to shoulder your pre-departure expenses (processing of passport, Philippine travel tax, airport tax) as well as the health insurance and visa conversion fee upon reaching Italy. These last two items combined will cost around Euros 40.

For further information, please get in touch immediately with... (name and contact information withheld)

Very truly yours,
Deputy Executive Director

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I got to talk to one of the ladies also (as mentioned earlier) and she also told me about the $200 allowance..geezlouisesantamaria, nagulat ako na ganun lang yung ibibigay sa amin. Fine,fine I know I shouldn't complain, but it's hard to live within that amount of means (labo). I know I'll be able to make it if I don't spend at all, but it's friggin' Italy.. tapos maabutan ko pa yung sale.. tapos may mercato days pa.. Ayayayayay, I can start to see my funds deplete right in front of me.

I hope they provide the food. Yun yung sabi ng girl e.. they'll be delivering food and/or groceries to our flat every so often. I hope they do that. don't think we'll be able to live on $200 just for food. ANyway, tama na complaining, baka maudlot pa.

2 Comments:

Blogger alessa said...

bwahahaha $200?? baon ko yon sa kota for the weekend! heheheha

but think about it. ako, $200 as tourist. ikaw, they assume you will be 'localized'. so...lower cost of living??

welcome to the world of dorks :D

10:03 pm  
Blogger Isaaaaaa said...

Yes! I call it the church-mouse allowance. I am hoping they give us food. Pero.. exagg noh? Hahaha


Thanks for teaching me how to add stuff to my blogggggg..now it's asymptotic presentable.. almost there but not quite! (how dorky!)

10:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home