Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Stromboli 2

I couldn't back out. Heck, I had already paid €71,00! (Talagang garapalan e, hindi man lang nag-round off nalang to 70...) Sayang lang ang tatlong-libong piso ko (plus plus plus). So anyway, us three girls brought goodies (gastos nanaman), packed our bags and got ready.

Since we lived 50 minutes away (by foot) from the school, so we got picked up early early morning to catch the 7am boatride to Stromboli. Our trip went like this: We took a Roro from Reggio to Messina (Sicily), then drove from Messina to Milazzo then took a SuperCat from Milazzo to Stromboli. The trip took close to 3 hours. Normally I would just drop dead and sleep until 2 minutes before reaching destination, but for some strange reason, I couldn't sleep at all. Or it was the mababaw kind of sleep -- the one that gives you a big headache when you wake up.

But.. my first view of Stromboli was breathtaking..

The volcano. You can see the steam/cloud coming out from its crater


The city

I loved the architecture!! It made me feel I was in a small Greek town. (Although I have yet to see one).

To be continued ulit..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home