Sunday, May 28, 2006

In Absentia

I never realized how internet-dependent I was (yeah, right!) until we lost our internet connection. It was around a week ago when I realized that the WIFI of our neighbor was not working. Strangely enough, I was able connect (meaning the source did not ask for a Network Key [or WEP] of some sort), but the computer wasn’t able to receive anything.

The first thing that came to my head was their server is down…kasi diba kung hindi na ako pwede mag-access ng internet, dapat hindi na ako makakapasok? Pero nakakapasok naman ako, Very Good pa nga yung signal e. Kaso nga lang, wala akong natatanggap. Anyone who can share their thoughts on this? Maybe you can help me? It has been a week or so since our last internet connection (via WIFI). Please (pretty please), e-mail me or reply to this entry (please don’t use the tagboard – I might not be able to see it in time).

Hayyyy how upsetting. Feeling na tuloy naming, parang Big Brother na kami: no communication to the outside world!!! Anyway, I’m giving this a week more, hopefully it will be fixed by then. In the meantime, I will depend on kind neighbors and friends who will let me use and abuse their facilities.

Went to Catania, Sicily for the weekend… will write about it soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger GwenZilla said...

uhm. i think your neighbor knows na you're piggybacking on their connection and must've put encryption in. you have to know the password para maka surf. :-p bad to steal other people's bandwidth anyway.

7:20 am  
Blogger Isaaaaaa said...

Well, mukhang yun nga nangyari cos when I got to Taiwan, nagkainternet access na ulit ako. BUUUUT, it's ok to steal if you're a government scholar. :D

11:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home