Thursday, May 11, 2006

So far, so good

Today is our fourth day here in Reggio Calabria, and so far, everything is A-O-K. We've been trying to live as normally as possible, which I think is difficult considering that our life is well, surreal.

We've already started with our classes, but first, we had to take a diagnostic exam to gauge our proficiency in Italian. Since I only had minimal formal education, the rest was experience (nak),I stuck to basic Italian. Besides,it has been years since I really learned the language, grammar et al.

Our daily schedule is like this: Our classes are 9-10.30, 11-12.30. I usually wake up around 6 to cook and prepare breakfast. Cook, you say? Yes, I am the cook. I cook and cook and cook, three meals a day. Shocking to believe, even my own mother is astonished, but yes, I cook. I have been cooking, loving it and cooking some more.

We usually get home around 1.30 and I cook lunch. Since most of the stores are closed 1-5 pm, I lounge around the house, do chores and what-not. I discourage myself from going out because going out = spending. I even discourage myself from going to the Chinese clothing store (abbigliamento) downstairs even if sweaters cost 6 Euros, and jackets 10.

Classes are ok, Annie and I are taking basic Italian, whereas Michelle is taking Intermediate and Jerome is taking Advanced. Oh, before I continue, here is a picture of us four.

Ay, ayaw gumana nung external hard disk ko. Next time nalang... to be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home