Saturday, April 15, 2006

Blast from the past 3: London and UK (part 2)

Carrying on.. we arrived at Victoria Coach around 9pm, and spent around 3 hours at the chair-less bus station. We literally had to sit on the pavement. Hindi ko alam kung bakit sila walang silya. O baka engeng lang kami at hindi na kami naghanap? Ewan ko. Nakakataka.

Anyway, our itinerary for Edinburgh was to take the 10-hour bus ride to Glasgow, then an hour and a half ride to Edinburgh. It wasn't so bad, since we Filipinos are used to long, uncomfortable journeys. At feeling voyagers (nak) kami, syempre larga naman kami.

Halfway through our trip, while we were at one of our many pitstops, one of the passangers had an epileptic attack. Syempre yung mga ibang pasahero medyo namoblema na, dahil nakagat ni babae yung dila niya at bumubula na ang bibig niya ng dugo. Buti nalang tsismosa at may alam sa ganyan tita ko, kasi pinakialaman niya. (Malamang, baka galawin nung mga mokong at kung ano pa mangyari sa babae).

So my tita explained to the other passengers that the lady was having a pit. Syempre yung isa, nakakatawa lang, kasi pagbalik nung ibang mga pasahero, siya yung nagkunwaring bida na maraming alam...Hirit pa nga siya sa iba, "Oh, she's 'avin' a fit. Just leave 'er alone, cos somethin' might 'appen to 'er." booooolshet. E siya pa naman yung nagpanic nung una.

Anyway, we arrived at Glasgow around 10 am, and our trip to Edinburgh was at 3. Buti nalang malamig doon at hindi kami pinawisan, so ok lang na tumagal pa yung mga suot namin. Dahil wala kaming magawa, umikot-ikot kami (typical tourists).

From the bottom of my heart, let me tell you that Glasgow is one hellovapanget city. It's pretty ironic since they consider Glasgow School of Art to be one of the best in U.K. Basta, hindi maganda aesthetics nila. Parang sinalpak-salpak lang yung mga gusali. It's not like Paris where everything's uniformed and up to 6 stories high only. (Triviatrivia... trivia trivia.. The Parisiennes are very strict on building restrictions, so as to not ruin the facade and aesthetics of the entire city. Of course the buildings should never be taller than the Eiffel Tower. The only building that's more than 6-stories tall is Montparnasse, the train station, and the owners and builders had hell [aka the locals] breathing down their necks. --- Please correct if I'm wrong. Ate?)

Anyway, my tita and I were walking around, getting bored. When, lo and behold, I chance upon an Italian restaurant with a catchy sign. Thank God I have a wandering eye. Being the person that I am, I had to have my picture taken.. of course I couldn't resist. Here goes..

Heheheheheheheheh I couldn't help it!

Of course my tita couldn't resist too! (To be continued nalang kasi hindi ko mahanap yung picture...)

P.S.This is me, writing a postcard to my family and Raf while waiting for the bus (ooh, Eheads song).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home