Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Cuccina-io Cuccina-yeah wanna plump your body baby

(Please sing to the tune of... I forget the title... please messsage me if you know.

If there's one thing I hate about Italy is cooking is so enjoyable!!! In the Philippines, I try to avoid cooking, mainly because the heat and the humidity make it more like a chore than something enjoyable (besides, that's what cheap labor forces are for.. evil). But here, ahhh mannaggia, with the cold and the rich ingredients, I can't help but cook.

I also like cooking here because it relieves me of dishwashing duties. I loathe dishwashing and I try to avoid it as much as I can. So, being the escapist that I am, I choose the chore I would rather do, which is cooking.

So for the past week that we've been here, I've been busting my ass in front of the stove. And, surprisingly, they turn out to be quite tasty. They're not five-star-restaurant quality, but they're comfort food, which is probably worse because one cannot help but gorge down (chow = ciao hehe corny) comfort food. BOO!

So, in effect, after one week of staying here -- after a week of experimenting, eating, eating a lot, and the siestas in between, we have, sad to admit, expanded our stomachs (and so much more). We've already heard from two Italians that we have gained weight! Ahhhh Managgia!!! Ci siamo ingrassati! (literal translation: we have fattened ourselves up!)

3 Comments:

Blogger ~LALA said...

Body bumping baby? Something like that :p high school song? hahaha.

Enjoy there, isa! :) mwah!

3:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bwahahahahahaha natatawa pa rin ako!!!!!

9:43 am  
Blogger Isaaaaaa said...

Hahahaha thanks guys, you should see me now. Tababoyyyyy!!! Grossissima!!!

1:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home