Friday, September 15, 2006

Going to the mountains* to teach

For the past 3 years I have tried to get myself involved with the dumagats in Gabaldon, Nueva Ecija. I had gone there for my immersion and had vowed to help in every way I could. Ever since, the thought of teaching their kids has enticed me. But of course, the thought of ruining their lives also haunted me. (I have a paranoia complex.)

So now, finally, I have decided to take advantage of a CAREfor climb. Well, I don't want to dwell into details but for more information on the Dumagats and Gabaldon, please click this TABYENGAN link. Anyway, I am going to Gabaldon, Nueva Ecija this weekend to teach the dumagat kids the following: reading, writing, arts and math.

I am excited, but I am also starting to experience my anxiety and paranoia.

*And oh, we're really not going up to the mountains (thank GOD!!! I can't imagine carrying all those school supplies...)

Will upload pictures soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home