Friday, March 16, 2007

How Boracay and I aren't meant to be...

When I was a kid my family and I would go to Boracay often. Mainly since we spent our summers in Iloilo, Boracay was (well then) more accessible -- it was only a 6-hour bumpy ride to Kalibo, then another hour to Katiklan, then finally on the boat to Boracay.

Boracay then was a typical, uncommercialized island. Naabutan ko pa nga ata nung wala pang kuryente doon. Or, at least the electricity wasn't strong enough to have airconditioned rooms, so we would sleep in hipa huts, squished in between my parents, or whoever had a 5-inch space we could squeeze into.

We even had a hairdo named after the island. Remember when you were kids, you would spend hours in the water, then go up to play in the sand? At ang OC mong yaya, para naman daw hindi ka magmukhang basang sisiw, would towel-dry your hair (like a dog), leaving your hair sticking out and very unmanageable with all the sand, salt and wind. That look was our Boracay hair. My mom and titas would tease my sister and I if we had Boracay hair. Yung tipong, "Yuck! Isa! Boracay hair!!!" O kaya, "Uyyy...Boracay hair..." Weird ba?

Anyway, the last time I went was around 10 years ago. I had just started to experience the little nightlife I had, and was so excited to go to Coco Mangas and drink rhum coke. Of course that was very very thrilling for me, since my parents were the strictest when I was growing up and that was my little escapade. I loved it.

So what's the problem? you say? I feel this year, Boracay and I aren't meant to be. So why haven't you gone before that? I don't know. I've never really had the want to go. Since I was travelling a lot for the past years.. OK, fine.. OA.. I've been to Europe thrice in the 7 years, my savings were.. let's say.. close to non-existent. Why did I have to go to Boracay when I went go to the beaches in South of France -- St. Tropez, Nice, Cannes, etc, hung out in the beaches of South of Italy, and walked along the "beach" in Paris (aka Paris plage). So now that I have admitted to myself that I'm not traveling anytime soon, I'm ready to finally go to Boracay, and par-tay with my friends, the responsible side of me is holding me back.

Hayyyy... di bale, this is just the first quarter of the year.. Boo to me though, for not going this April! I'll miss you guys!

2 Comments:

Blogger alessa said...

is...we shall find a way!!!!!
promise.
we need another all girls trip before i leave!

9:15 am  
Blogger Isaaaaaa said...

YES PLEASE!!! Basta.. bago ka umalis.. at habang summer pa. Haha!

12:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home